How Does Selling Your Car to a Dealership Work?
Whether you’re looking to upgrade or unload an old vehicle, finding out how to sell a car at a dealership can save you major time and effort. But, how does selling your car to a dealership work? It’s simple. Just get your paperwork, arrange an appointment, and hand over the keys! In this guide, we’ll walk you through the preparation process to help you secure the best deal possible.
How to Sell a Car at a Dealership
Before you head to the dealership, a little prep work can go a long way:
- Clean Your Car: Put your best foot forward by washing or detailing your car before you head out of Virden, and consider making any small repairs that you’ve been putting off – like light bulbs or windshield wiper replacements.
- List the Benefits: Has your car been maintained like clockwork? Does your car have special features or accessories? Write down a list of all your selling points to show how valuable your vehicle is.
- Find the Title: If you have your title in hand, you can speed up the trade-in process. Make sure to find your title ahead of time and bring it with you to your appointment.
- Assess the Value: You can use free online tools from Cars.com, Kelley Blue Book, or your local dealership to get the trade-in value of your car. This will help you negotiate later.
- Pick Your Dealership: Gently used vehicles can be sold at most dealerships, but if your car is a much older model, consider trying a used car dealership instead.
What to Expect at the Dealership
So, how does selling your car to a dealership work? Here’s a general walkthrough of the process:
- Set Your Appointment: You can walk into most dealerships around Birtle, but making an appointment is the best option. This ensures that the dealership has the documents ready to go when you arrive.
- Used Car Manager: Most dealerships have a Used Car Manager or salesperson to facilitate the sale. They’ll gather some basic information and run a vehicle history report.
- Inspection Process: Either the Used Car Manager or a technician from the service department will inspect your vehicle for quality and condition.
- Consider the Offer: After you get a firm offer, you can accept or reject it. If you want to negotiate, use the estimates that you gathered online to bump the offer up.
Benefits of Selling Your Car
Learning how to sell your car at the dealership can bring you some major gains, including:
- Saving Time and Hassle: No need to worry about the hassles of the private market. You won’t need to post ads, field emails, or arrange test drives all over Oak Lake. Simply show up and arrange the sale with professionals.
- Simplify Trade-In: When you trade in your vehicle at a dealership for a new car, this allows you to expand your budget on the spot. Your old vehicle’s price will apply toward the price of a new car, which lowers your monthly payments.
- Save on Taxes: When you trade in your car, you’ll only pay sales tax on the difference between the trade-in value and the cost of your new vehicle.
Sell Your Vehicle at Virden Mainline Motors
Now that you know how to sell your car at the dealership, why not take the first steps? Contact us at Virden Mainline Motors with any questions about the process, and feel free to visit our dealership in Virden to get started!
More from Virden Mainline Motors
With seating for seven Virden passengers, roomy Buick Enclave dimensions, and plenty of Buick Enclave cargo space, the Enclave checks every box. Take a moment to learn more about Buick’s three-row SUV. Then, fill out a credit application and get in touch with Virden Mainline Motors to schedule a test drive. View New Enclave InventoryBuick Research…
If you’re wondering about how much the GMC Sierra can tow, when properly equipped with the optional 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine, 50.8-cm wheels, and the Max Trailering Package, the GMC Sierra 1500 can tow up to 5,897 kg! Take a moment to learn more about the 2022 GMC Sierra 1500 towing capacity. Then, fill out…
Searching the Virden car market for a diverse selection of full-size SUVs? Then you’ll fall head over heels in love with the 2022 GMC Yukon trim levels available at Virden Mainline Motors. Regardless of which GMC Yukon configuration you opt for, you’ll find powerful engines, commodious interior cabins, adaptable drivetrain options, and an impressive suite of feature…