How Does Selling Your Car to a Dealership Work?
Whether you’re looking to upgrade or unload an old vehicle, finding out how to sell a car at a dealership can save you major time and effort. But, how does selling your car to a dealership work? It’s simple. Just get your paperwork, arrange an appointment, and hand over the keys! In this guide, we’ll walk you through the preparation process to help you secure the best deal possible.
How to Sell a Car at a Dealership
Before you head to the dealership, a little prep work can go a long way:
- Clean Your Car: Put your best foot forward by washing or detailing your car before you head out of Virden, and consider making any small repairs that you’ve been putting off – like light bulbs or windshield wiper replacements.
- List the Benefits: Has your car been maintained like clockwork? Does your car have special features or accessories? Write down a list of all your selling points to show how valuable your vehicle is.
- Find the Title: If you have your title in hand, you can speed up the trade-in process. Make sure to find your title ahead of time and bring it with you to your appointment.
- Assess the Value: You can use free online tools from Cars.com, Kelley Blue Book, or your local dealership to get the trade-in value of your car. This will help you negotiate later.
- Pick Your Dealership: Gently used vehicles can be sold at most dealerships, but if your car is a much older model, consider trying a used car dealership instead.
What to Expect at the Dealership
So, how does selling your car to a dealership work? Here’s a general walkthrough of the process:
- Set Your Appointment: You can walk into most dealerships around Birtle, but making an appointment is the best option. This ensures that the dealership has the documents ready to go when you arrive.
- Used Car Manager: Most dealerships have a Used Car Manager or salesperson to facilitate the sale. They’ll gather some basic information and run a vehicle history report.
- Inspection Process: Either the Used Car Manager or a technician from the service department will inspect your vehicle for quality and condition.
- Consider the Offer: After you get a firm offer, you can accept or reject it. If you want to negotiate, use the estimates that you gathered online to bump the offer up.
Benefits of Selling Your Car
Learning how to sell your car at the dealership can bring you some major gains, including:
- Saving Time and Hassle: No need to worry about the hassles of the private market. You won’t need to post ads, field emails, or arrange test drives all over Oak Lake. Simply show up and arrange the sale with professionals.
- Simplify Trade-In: When you trade in your vehicle at a dealership for a new car, this allows you to expand your budget on the spot. Your old vehicle’s price will apply toward the price of a new car, which lowers your monthly payments.
- Save on Taxes: When you trade in your car, you’ll only pay sales tax on the difference between the trade-in value and the cost of your new vehicle.
Sell Your Vehicle at Virden Mainline Motors
Now that you know how to sell your car at the dealership, why not take the first steps? Contact us at Virden Mainline Motors with any questions about the process, and feel free to visit our dealership in Virden to get started!
More from Virden Mainline Motors
If you’re shopping around Virden for a Silverado, you’ll have plenty of options when it comes to cabin configurations and truck bed sizes. If you have to haul equipment, it’s especially important that you review the sizes of Chevy Silverado truck beds available, as there are a number of options aside from the standard…
The Chevrolet Traverse is one of the most popular SUVs you’ll find driving down the streets of Elkhorn today. With enhanced performance and interior features, the Chevy Traverse has quickly become a customer favorite among our Chevy vehicles at Virden Mainline Motors. The Chevrolet Traverse reviews rave about this SUV because many of its new performance…
If you’re looking for a powerful SUV that can tow your motorboat or even a large trailer on Virden streets, a 2021 GMC Yukon will do the trick. So, how much can the GMC Yukon tow? With 3,810 kg of max towing capacity when properly equipped, it can go toe-to-toe with midsize trucks….