2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
2020 Chevy Colorado vs. Silverado 1500
2020 Chevy Silverado 1500
If you’re searching for the ideal new pickup truck near Virden, you’ll probably consider both the mid-size 2020 Chevy Colorado and the light-duty 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500. In addition to residing in differing truck segments, there are a few other differences between the two that you’ll want to know about. Learn more when you compare the 2020 Chevy Colorado vs. Silverado in-depth with Virden Mainline Motors!
Chevrolet Colorado vs. Chevrolet Silverado: Price and Trim Levels
- Base Price
- As a smaller mid-size truck, the Chevy Colorado comes in at a lower starting price than the Silverado. Their base-level configurations start at $27,000 MSRP and $35,000 MSRP, respectively.
- Top Price
- At the top of the configurations list is the Colorado ZR2, which starts at $47,600 MSRP. The top-of-the-line Silverado 1500 is the High Country, which starts at $65,800 MSRP.
- The Chevy Colorado offers a total of five trim levels, while the Silverado 1500 offers a bit more variety with eight options.
Chevrolet Colorado vs. Chevrolet Silverado: Performance and Capabilities
- Standard Engine and Transmission
- The Chevy Colorado is powered by a base-level 2.5L 4-cylinder engine that delivers 200 hp and 191 lb-ft of torque, paired with a standard six-speed automatic transmission.
- The Silverado 1500 is equipped with a standard 4.3L V6 engine that puts out 285 hp and 305 lb-ft of torque, paired with a six-speed automatic transmission.
- Rear-wheel drive is the standard drivetrain for both the Chevy Colorado and Silverado 1500. Need greater traction on Birtle roads? Four-wheel drive is available on all trim levels for both pickups.
- Towing Capacity
- The Chevy Colorado towing capacity maxes out at 3,493 kg with a maximum payload capacity of 720 kg.
- The maximum towing capacity for the Chevy Silverado 1500 is 6,078 kg with a maximum payload capacity of 1,020 kg.
Chevrolet Colorado vs. Chevrolet Silverado: Standard Features
The Colorado and Silverado 1500 offer a near-identical standard suite of features that includes Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™, the Chevrolet Infotainment 3 System with a 7-inch touchscreen, and available 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot capability. However, there are a few differences you’ll want to note:
- Chevy Colorado Base Key Features
- Front bucket seats
- Front center console
- 4-way power driver’s seat
- Chevy Silverado 1500 WT Key Features
- 40/20/40 split-bench front seat
- 12-volt auxiliary front power outlet
Compare 2020 Chevy Colorado vs. Silverado 1500 at Virden Mainline Motors!
Which is right for you: 2020 Chevy Colorado or 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500? You can contact Virden Mainline Motors to set up a test drive in both models near Oak Lake today! See how you feel behind the wheel for a true test of trucks, then talk to our friendly finance team to learn more about your leasing and financing options, used Silverado models for sale, learn about the Chevy Silverado bed sizes, or continue your research when you compare the Colorado vs. GMC Canyon or the Silverado 1500 and RAM 1500. Don’t wait to get behind the wheel of a premium Chevy pickup truck!