What Is Good Mileage On A Used Car?
When you’re shopping for a used car near Virden, you’ll want to check out its mileage, in addition to its physical and mechanical condition. When asking what is considered high mileage for a used car, many local drivers believe a car with over 160,000 km isn’t worth a second look, but this isn’t necessarily a strict rule to follow. In fact, provided that a vehicle has been properly cared for and received regular maintenance, it could still be a great buy! With that said, if you’re still looking for a clear answer to “what is good mileage on a used car?” consult our comprehensive guide down below!
Mileage vs. Age
When considering good mileage for a used car, you’ll sometimes find that a new car with high mileage is a better choice than an older car with low mileage. Keep these important factors in mind as you shop:
- If a vehicle wasn’t used very often in Oak Lake, it may be prone to higher repair costs. Mechanical issues and problems with rubber seats and gaskets can develop if a car sits for too long.
- Low mileage vehicles often come with a higher price tag.
- A vehicle with a well-documented maintenance history is preferable to one that has been neglected.
If you’re interested in a vehicle with all the latest technologies as well as low mileage, buying certified pre-owned is probably your best option.
How to Shop for a Used Car in Virden/Birtle
When you’re on the hunt for the perfect used car near Birtle, there are a few things to consider in addition to the number on the odometer:
- Usage – A car that was driven 120,000 km through one intersection after another will wear faster than a vehicle that has spent 120,000 km on open highways. To be sure, you should request the prior driver’s daily habits before finalizing your purchase.
- Location – Where did the vehicle come from? A warm, dry climate is more hospitable to cars than the cold, wet climates we can experience during Virden/Birtle winters.
- Condition – You should always have a certified mechanic take a look at a pre-owned vehicle before purchasing it privately. They can tell you about any issues that haven’t already been noted, which could save you from making a costly mistake.
- Maintenance – Do a thorough inspection of the vehicle’s maintenance history to ensure it’s up-to-date on essential services like oil changes and other fluid replacements. A vehicle that didn’t receive services at its recommended intervals may present expensive issues in the future.
Find Low Mileage Used Cars for Sale at Virden/Birtle Mainline Motor Products Ltd
Ready to get behind the wheel after exploring what is good mileage for a used car? When you’ve found a used or certified pre-owned model you love at Virden/Birtle Mainline Motor Products Ltd, contact us to set up a test drive! We have a wide selection for you to choose from, and each one has been thoroughly inspected for quality, so you can always rest assured you’re making a smart purchase. Before visiting us in Virden/Birtle, be sure to take a look at our used vehicle specials to maximize your savings.
When they’re shopping for a new vehicle, most Virden shoppers put space and comfort at the top of their list of requirements. When you look at the 2020 Buick Encore interior, you’ll find that it is surprisingly spacious and full to brimming with a number of impressive standard interior features. Explore the Buick Encore dimensions…
Virden families on the hunt for a new SUV are searching for great versatility, in addition to a spacious interior and powerful engine. The 2020 Buick Enclave is at the top of many local shoppers’ lists, known for its ability to tow up to 2,267 kg through Birtle with ease. Learn more about the new…
The 2020 Chevy Equinox only recently released, but reviews of this versatile SUV are already rolling in! Will you agree with what the critics are saying about this family-friendly, fuel-efficient model? Find out when you take a closer look at the Chevy Equinox reviews with us before getting behind the wheel in Virden/Birtle! New Equinox…