What Is Good Mileage On A Used Car?
When you’re shopping for a used car near Virden, you’ll want to check out its mileage, in addition to its physical and mechanical condition. When asking what is considered high mileage for a used car, many local drivers believe a car with over 160,000 km isn’t worth a second look, but this isn’t necessarily a strict rule to follow. In fact, provided that a vehicle has been properly cared for and received regular maintenance, it could still be a great buy! With that said, if you’re still looking for a clear answer to “what is good mileage on a used car?” consult our comprehensive guide down below!
Mileage vs. Age
When considering good mileage for a used car, you’ll sometimes find that a new car with high mileage is a better choice than an older car with low mileage. Keep these important factors in mind as you shop:
- If a vehicle wasn’t used very often in Oak Lake, it may be prone to higher repair costs. Mechanical issues and problems with rubber seats and gaskets can develop if a car sits for too long.
- Low mileage vehicles often come with a higher price tag.
- A vehicle with a well-documented maintenance history is preferable to one that has been neglected.
If you’re interested in a vehicle with all the latest technologies as well as low mileage, buying certified pre-owned is probably your best option.
How to Shop for a Used Car in Virden/Birtle
When you’re on the hunt for the perfect used car near Birtle, there are a few things to consider in addition to the number on the odometer:
- Usage – A car that was driven 120,000 km through one intersection after another will wear faster than a vehicle that has spent 120,000 km on open highways. To be sure, you should request the prior driver’s daily habits before finalizing your purchase.
- Location – Where did the vehicle come from? A warm, dry climate is more hospitable to cars than the cold, wet climates we can experience during Virden/Birtle winters.
- Condition – You should always have a certified mechanic take a look at a pre-owned vehicle before purchasing it privately. They can tell you about any issues that haven’t already been noted, which could save you from making a costly mistake.
- Maintenance – Do a thorough inspection of the vehicle’s maintenance history to ensure it’s up-to-date on essential services like oil changes and other fluid replacements. A vehicle that didn’t receive services at its recommended intervals may present expensive issues in the future.
Find Low Mileage Used Cars for Sale at Virden Mainline Motors
Ready to get behind the wheel after exploring what is good mileage for a used car? When you’ve found a used or certified pre-owned model you love at Virden Mainline Motors, contact us to set up a test drive! We have a wide selection for you to choose from, and each one has been thoroughly inspected for quality, so you can always rest assured you’re making a smart purchase. Before visiting us in Virden/Birtle, be sure to take a look at our used vehicle specials to maximize your savings.
Whether you’re hauling a boat, an RV, or a work trailer around Virden, you can’t go wrong with the 2020 GMC Canyon. Even the 4-cylinder diesel engine available on this truck can tow over 3,000 kg. That’s why so many customers who walk into Virden Mainline Motors are impressed with the GMC Canyon towing capacity. So how…
If you’ve decided on the 2020 GMC Acadia as your newest Virden SUV, you’ll need to decide which of the new GMC Acadia configurations is best suited to meet your driving needs and budget: the SLE, SLT, AT4, or the Denali. Moving up the line, you’ll gain access to a powerful V6 engine, luxe interior…
Are you in need of a fuel-efficient upgrade for your Virden/Birtle commute? Check out the luxurious 2020 Buick Encore compact SUV at Virden Mainline Motors! The 2020 Buick Encore mpg ratings reach up to 25 mpg in the city, 30 mpg on the highway, and about 27 mpg combined. That’s sure to save you money on your trips around Virden. Learn more…